Pommerscher Verein Freistadt was founded in 1978 to preserve
our Pomeranian heritage through the study
of its history, genealogy, culture and language.
Meetings are held at the historic Lindenwood Community Center building at:
12351 N. Granville Road 111 W
Mequon, Wisconsin 53097
The Lindenwood Community Center is a former schoolhouse and is located near the original
Pomeranian Lutheran settlement village of Freistadt in southeastern Wisconsin.
The PVF meetings are the second SATURDAY of the month, beginning at 1:00 p.m.
Check "Events" for more details.
No meetings in January, April, July, and August.
All are welcome to attend.
PVF offers members:
- Membership year runs Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.
- Surname pedigree database with over 176,000 names submitted.
- Surname research area for submitting of Pomeranian ancestors.
- Pomeranian tours in Germany and Poland.
- Pommerntag, a large ethnic festival, held the last Sunday in June.
- Erntedankfest, harvest festival, & Weihnachtsfest, Christmas celebration, Pomeranian traditions.
- Quarterly newsletter, Rundschreiben, which can be received via email or U.S. mail.
- Saturday afternoon meetings with a variety of presentations related to the group's mission.
- Library with genealogy and history books plus other reference materials.
- Assistance with genealogical problems.
- Online store offering a members' discount on books, maps, clothing, memorabilia and music.
Select the link "Intro to Pommern Research" in the red bar at the left to see many, many pages concerning Pomeranian research.
Questions regarding our organization?
Pommerscher Verein Freistadt
P. O. Box 204
Germantown, WI 53022
Please enclose a business-sized SASE.
Pommerscher Verein Freistadt is a member of the
Freistadt Heritage Foundation,
which operates the Lindenwood Community Center.
To find out more about the Foundation and Center,
select "Links to Related Groups" on the left.