- Demmin became a Kreis in 1818, and was part of the administrative district of Stettin until 1945.
- The Kreis is part of Germany today.
- It has three major cities: Demmin, Jarmen, and Treptow on the Tollense.
- The city of Demmin is located where the Peene, Tollense, and Trebel Rivers meet.
- The city of Demmin was a member of the Hanseatic League along with Anklam, Greifswald, and Stralsund.
- Demmin is again part of the modern Hanseastic League.
- The tower of Saint Bartholomew dominates the city landscape, standing 314 feet high.
- The Luisengate is the only surviving gate of four that used to exist in the town wall.
- Regierungsbezirk (Administrative District) Stettin
Heimatkreisausschuß (HKA) Vorsitzender (Chair)
Heimatkreisbearbeiter (HKB) (Manager or Secretary)
|Pommerscher Greif Ansprechpartner (Contact)
22117 Hamburg, Germany